All right guys you asked for this drink recipe and I’m here to deliver my new favorite summertime drink! My family has been making this Boysenberry Simple Syrup since I was a little girl. It’s so yummy especially with homegrown boysenberries straight out of my dad’s garden. You can make so many different treats with this syrup. It’s great for a cobbler, over ice cream, or to mix in your cocktail. So let’s get down to business!
Berry Sauce Ingredients
Yield: 2 cups
● 1 Cup Sugar
● 2/3 Cup Water
● 2 frozen or fresh Boysenberries or Cranberries (you can honestly use any fruit)
(Tip: I use fresh Boysenberries Stright from my Dads Garden so yummy)
● 2/3 Cup Orange Juice
● 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Directions for Syrup.
● In a saucepan over medium heat bring sugar and water to a boil;
● Cook 5 minutes add berries and orange juice return to a boil.
● Reduce heat; bring to a simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until berries pop.
● Remove from heat & stir in vanilla.
● Serve warm or chilled over ice cream or mix in with your favorite cocktail.
Now that you know how to make the simple syrup its time to make your cocktail!
What You Need
Crystal Light Lemonade
Homemade Berry Simple Syrup
Your Favorite Vodka
● In a glass of ice pour 1.5 ounces of your favorite vodka (I use Grey Goose)
● Fill the rest of your glass with any lemonade of your choice. I use Crystal Light Lemonade to keep it on the low-calorie side.
● Then put a spoonful or two of your berry juice & top with some of the berries from the juice in the mixture and you’re ready to drink!
Tip: you can use more vodka if you’d like to make it stronger. 😉 You can also use as much berry syrup as you’d like to make it sweeter but just remember this stuff is packed with sweet berry flavor and a little goes a long way. This is also a great drink for the kiddos just don’t add the vodka. (obviously)
Another great tip about this syrup is you can make extra and freeze it. Then when you want to break it out on the weekend to make some drinks or even deserts just set the jar in some hot water and defrost it for use. I have about 7 jars frozen in my freezer right now ready for The 4th Of July.
Now it’s time to enjoy your yummy drink poolside, lakeside, beachside, or whatever scenery you prefer! Tag me in your stories or comment below if you make this summertime lemonade and let me know what you think! Comment below if you want me to start sharing some of my favorite drink recipes.